Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Month of Thanksgiving - November 20, 2012


 
I came kicking and screaming to social networking. Why would a grown woman with grand-kids want to spend any time at all on the computer just chatting? It was my granddaughters who set up my first Facebook page during our annual 4th of July family gathering on the Island.

There was no turning back after my first *Friend* invites came rolling in. Now I can’t imagine a day going by without being able to chat with friends near and far. Without sharing recipes, announcements of births and deaths, and getting a giggle or two from the photos, jokes and quotes everyone posts. 
 
These days I have a VERY active Facebook account, Pinterest boards and I Tweet on a daily basis. Yes, there are days when what I read frustrates and saddens me. But mostly I feel my life is richer as a result of all these instant forms of communication - of social interacting. 
 
TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR this thing called FaceBook!
 
 

No comments: