Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Idea . . .



The Great Circumnavigation Adventure!

Why? 

Like so many advetures the idea rose spontaneously from being casually mentioned during a conversation over drinks with friends at Chuck's Place.


It quickly took on a life of its own.

Why set this particular goal? There is so much I have given up. So much I use to do I am not able to do now. I am a former adrenaline junkie who still needs a fix now and then. The doses are much smaller and they have to last me much longer. But once an addict, always an addict. 


I have no fears about the trip. Not now anyway. And I don't think there will be along the way. You block your dreams when you allow your fears to grow bigger than your faith. 

What do I fear? I fear sitting back and watching the world pass me by. I fear not feeling my heart beat. I don't fear dying. I fear being alive and not living. 

This Great Circumnavigation Adventure is just another way to prove to myself that I am still alive. That I am still living! 


"Life is either a great adventure or nothing". 
~Helen Keller



No comments: