4. Pickled Venison Heart - any hunter who dresses his own kill knows to never waste his kill. While flanks, steaks, and stew meat can be cut from the kill, and sausage can be made with seasonings and the intestinal track, one should not overlook the tasty snack of pickled deer hearts.
5. Morels - a glorious rite of spring! Stalking the great, elusive morel mushroom and then heading for the kitchen, grabbing the butter, heating up the skillet, or firing up the grill so you can prepare and devour them anyway you see fit!
6. Venison Sausage - put up nature's bounty and enjoy the taste of the outdoors
8. Fried Fish Roe (Yooper Caviar) - like caviar, but fried.
9. Fried Smelt - a tried and true way to cook smelt is to fry them.
10. Rhubarb Pie - classic and delicious rhubarb pie. The best way to finish any meal!
“The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook” - Julia Child